Healthier Skin with Apple Cider Vinegar
To day it is easy to be overwhelmed by all we need to know about the food we eat, and the ingredients in our personal care products. Using natural ingredients seems pretty important when you hear the studies on the news, and read about all the harmful ingredients piled on to all the labels on products in the beauty isles of the drug store. One natural skin treatment discussed in this article is vinegar. Specifically apple cider vinegar. It is a kitchen staple that has been used for over 2000 years to help combat the signs of skin aging, as natural healing product, and used as a natural non toxic cleaning product.
- Age Spots
- Cleaning ulcerations and for the treatment of sores (never full strength)
- Enlarged pores
- Lower Blood Sugar (which helps prevent skin aging)
- Increasing Phytonutrients simply and Easily
- Psoriasis, Rosacea, Eczema
Younger shinier, untangled hair
Then apple cider vinegar (ACV) just might be what you have been looking for. It is helpful due to it’s high sulfur content, that offers astringent properties that are useful for treating many types of skin conditions. The astringent tightens your skin and decreases the appearance of fine lines, large pour and wrinkles. It offers natural exfoliation of dead skin, and the natural pH level of the vinegar is the similar to the protective acid mantle layer of your natural skin, so it can help restore natural PH balance without stripping the skin, or hair of natural oils.
Healthy Skin Nutrients & Recipes
- Vitamins B1, B2, and B6
- Vitamin C
- Folic acid
- Pantothenic acid
- Trace amounts of the minerals sodium, phosphorous, potassium, calcium, iron, magnesium, galic acid, catechin, caffeic acid, ferulic acid.
- Strands of enzymes, proteins, and healthy bacteria that give the vinegar it’s murky cloudiness.
Recipe for Younger Skin…Spinach, Apples, Raisins and Apple Cider Vinegar
Spinach Salad with Apples and Raisins
For the Dressing
- 1/2 cup ACV
- 2 lemons, juice
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Combine spinach, apples and raisins.
2. Mix all dressing ingredients and pour over salad just prior to serving.
*Granny Smith apples are recommended for salad, but any apple on hand will work.