Quick Tips To Decrease Under Eye Puffiness
Puffy Eyes Bothering you?
The skin around your eyes is very fragile, and thinner than the rest of our facial skin. It can become puffy in the morning and can be caused by several issues, including fatigue, fluid retention, allergies, excess sodium intake, and you can even blame it on your family genetics.
Reduce Under Eye Puffiness-Easy Tips
- Cut back on salt (sodium in your diet
- increase your water and fluid intake. Try drinking natural herbal teas such as Dandelion tea which is a natural diuretic, or watermelon juice. (2) Watermelon juice helps build and maintain the natural collagen, which provides structure to skin and is also made up of 92% water and full of important electrolytes., Coconut water is also full of important electrolytes, and can be used if you prefer not drinking all your liquid as plain water. Shoot for 6-8 glasses of water, tea, coconut water or diluted fruit and vegetable juices.
- Decrease your consumption of Alcoholic beverages (especially in the evening)
- Apply cold compresses-Put spoons in the refrigerator along with cucumber slices, or used tea bags. What you apply doesn’t really matter, as it the cool temperature that will work to decrease the inflammation. Apply for at least 10-15 min
- Wash your face with cold water in the morning, or very luke warm before applying make up.
- Try taking an allergy pill in the evening before going to bed, or use a allergy nasal spray.
- Sleep on your back instead of your side or stomach. Propping your head up on an extra pillow can help too.
- Try Eye Creams that list caffeine in their list of ingredients. Caffeine can help to tighten up the skin, reducing the swelling and puffiness. It can also help stimulate lymphatic drainage of under eye fluid.
- Use Hemorrhoid cream sparingly for under eye puffiness -(1) According to Fredric Brandt, M.D., a cosmetic dermatologist who practices in Miami and New York City. The active ingredient in most hemorrhoid creams is a compound called benzocaine. It is used to contract blood vessels, which can reduce swelling and puffiness. The downsides to using Hemorrhoid cream is that it can be dehydrating, so for short term use it may help you decrease under eye bags, but it can also cause irritation, and accentuate fine lines. There is also the possibility of developing an allergy to benzocaine with overuse.
- Use Concealer- You can often cover dark circles and puffiness with a little under eye concealer that matches your skin tone. Apply it patting it lightly on, and avoid rubbing it in.
- Quite Smoking
The Never Ending Battle ….
If genetics play a part in your under eye puffiness, you may be fighting a never ending battle. You may find your self using all the tips mention above, and also learning some make up concealing and contouring tricks. If you only have occasional puffiness and dark circles, then you may just need to make some of the simple lifestyle changes mentioned above to be free of the occasional morning puffiness.
It is important to remember that the under eye area is very fragile, so be gentle when washing, applying make up or beauty products. Give these simple solutions a try, you will find that most can help reduce or conceal your dark circles and puffy eyes.
Resources and Links
(1) Web MD
10 Health Benefits of Watermelon Juice href=”http://www.youngerskintips.com/healthy-watermelon-juice/”>10 Health Benefits of Watermelon Juice
Matcha Tea Lead & Radiation Health Concerns href=”http://www.youngerskintips.com/matcha/”>Matcha Tea Lead & Radiation Health Concerns
How to Fight Off Wrinkles While You Sleep