Skin Benefits Found In Bananas
We all want to maintain our youthful complexion, and with so many factor that affect our skin such as pollution, daily stress, aging and UV damage from the sun, it can be difficult to maintain a smooth wrinkle free complexion. So, before you hit the Botox bottle at the dermatologist, why not try a natural, holistic alternative? Instead fill up your cells, improve your complexion and health by eating and applying bananas to your skin. Bananas offer many anti aging, and moisturizing benefits. Keep scrolling down to find recipes for your face, hair, and hands that will have your skin aglow, and your hair shining.
Glowing Skin & Anti Aging Effects of Bananas
What is so great about bananas?
- Bananas contains and contains potassium, and vitamins E and C, B6 which all play a role in maintaining the integrity and elasticity of the skin.
- Bananas are high in antioxidants, providing protection from free radicals and chronic disease.
- Bananas are an all-natural moisturizer for your skin and will leave it looking and feeling softer
- Banana peels contain zinc, manganese and iron, which help calm inflamed skin.
- Banana peels work as a natural exfoliate to remove toxins, and dead skin cells from pores.
- Banana peels are naturally antiseptic, applying to the skin will decrease bacteria living on the skin surface
- Banana peels contain enzymes that can help heal scars and hydrate the skin
- Bananas are rich in pectin, which aids digestion and gently removes chelate toxins and heavy metals from the body.
- Bananas offer prebiotics, which are a nourishing “superfood” for the skin creating healthy enzymatic activity stimulating at a cellular level to help with skin restoration.
- Banana contain about 75 percent water by weight, and as such help to keep the skin hydrated naturally.
- Bananas provide a variety of essential vitamins and minerals:Vitamin B6 – .5 mg
Manganese – .3 mg
Vitamin C – 9 mg
Potassium – 450 mg
Dietary Fiber – 3g
Protein – 1 g
Magnesium – 34 mg
Folate – 25.0 mcg
Riboflavin – .1 mg
Niacin – .8 mg
Vitamin A – 81 IU
Iron – .3 mg
Banana Face Mask Recipes
It is a good idea to always test on your hand, arm or leg any thing you want to put on your face….before applying it, especially if you have sensitive skin. Banana Mask Recipes can be messy, and sticky. I like to put mine in the blender or food processes so they are smoother and easier to apply, but all the recipes below the bananas can be mashed. Remember that getting chunky banana out of your hair is not easy, fun, or good for your drain.
- Banana peels are also loaded with rich nutrients and antioxidants that are good for our skin, especially superficial wrinkles. Just by applying fresh peel for 15 minutes every day you will can see a noticeable change to your skin texture and softness.
- Mash up a medium-sized ripe banana into a smooth paste, then gently apply it to your face and neck. Let it set for 10-20 minutes, then rinse it off with cold water. Want to soften even more, or lighten dark spots try adding in some ingredients below.
Add In Ingredients
- Dry flaky skin Mash one ripe banana until smooth, add in 2 tbs aloe vera gel, and 1 tbs of either jojoba oil, grape seed oil, or almond oil.
- Bananas and avocados contain vitamin A and E, your friends fighting fine line and fighting free radicals. Mash on ripe banana with half an avocado, and 2 tbs honey. Your face will be glowing, and ready to take on the pollution, and fight back the wrinkles.
- Mash a ripe banana with the back of a fork and combine 1 tablespoon of raw honey and 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice to make an amazing face mask. Rinse off with a wet cloth or cold water. In this mask, the honey smooths the skin, and the lemon juice lightens dark spots.
- Mash up a medium-sized ripe banana into a smooth paste, then gently apply it to your face and neck. Let it set for 10-20 minutes, then rinse it off with cold water.
- Mash up a medium-sized ripe banana into a smooth paste, add 2 tablespoons honey, 1/4 cup plain yogurt. Apply to face for 10-20 minutes
- Mash one ripe banana and mix it with lemon juice (from one lemon), you have a perfect mask that will enrich the skin with this vitamin. Just apply it on your face, and leave it on for 10-20 minutes. The lemon juice is full of fresh Vitamin C which will can lighten dark spots and blemishes on the face.
Banana Hand Scrub
Create a Banana and Sugar Scrub to soften and moisturize : Mash 1 banana and 1 Tbsp. of course sugar mixing well. Apply the mixture to skin by using circular motions, then rinse thoroughly. See how soft and lovey your hands look and feel.
Banana Hair Mask Recipes
Banana Dandruff Treatment:
- blend two bananas in blender or food processor
- 3 Tbsp honey
- Apply mixture to damp hair. Wearing a shower cap, allow to sit on the hair for 15 minutes. Rinse with warm to hot water (within reason!), as it helps to melt the honey.
Banana Moisturizing Hair Mask:
- In blender one banana
- 1 avocado
- 2 Tbsp coconut milk or Plain Greek yogurt
- Apply the banana mixture to the hair, cover with a shower cap. Leave it on for 10 minutes for soft, silky hair.
Banana Anti-Aging Treatment:
- In a blender put in 1 banana
- 1/4 cup of olive oil or coconut oil
- 1 egg white
- Blend all ingredients and apply to damp hair and let sit for 15 minutes. Rinse thoroughly, then wash with moisturizing shampoo.
You Tube Banana Hair Mask
Keyords: bananas anti aging, bananas, younger skin, healthy skin diet